Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IBM DB2 - tables not loading

Hi , 

Problem Statement: I am using IBM DB2 as datasource in PBI desktop after giving server name and database name Navigator window is showing up in whihc I need to select the tables to load it into PBI but after selecting the table name it gives error

"Microsoft Db2 Client: SYSIBM.SQLSTATISTICS 00E7900C SQL STATE= 55023 SQLCODE = -471"

Also tried giving the query in SQL Statement window but still getting the same error with the difference

"Microsoft Db2 Client: SYSIBM.SQLCOLUMNS 00E7900C SQL STATE= 55023 SQLCODE = -471"

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gowrishankar65,

Based on my research, the issue is more related to IBM DB2. As per this article, error message 00E7900C means that SQL CALL statement or user-defined function invocation could not be processed. Please verify that the stored procedures for JDBC and ODBC support are enabled, and ensure the procedures are setup correctly with WLM.

You can contact IBM support to get more details about this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft, As you said, I had discussion with DB2 people and they told whenever connection is made to pull data from DB2 it firstly invokes the system stored procedures like SYSIBM.SQLCOLUMNS and SYSIBM.SQLSTATISTICS. So they made changes in their end and when I try it was working fine. I have another question here, I am trying to pull tables from particular schema which contains more than 30,000 tables in it but when I make connection in PBI desktop it just shows 10,000 tables and not more than that. Is there any limitations in showing the list of available tables in PBI desktop. Regards, Gowrishankar

Hello Lydia <@v-yuezhe-msft>,

Thank you Gowrishankar for bringing up this issue. 

I am facing the same problem when conncting to DB2 from PowerBI.

All the tables and Views show up in the Navigator but the Alias Names do not. 

In some projects the DBA's set up Alias Names as the projects navigate through Dev/Test/Prod. 

The data can be accessed using Native Query .... under the Advanced Options.

I tested both the IBM driver as well as the Microsoft driver and the results are the same.

Alias Name objects are not displayed.  

Under SYSIBM/SQLTABLES , all these object names are displayed but none of the objects whose table type is ALIAS show up on the Navigator pane , uner their Schema name .

Is this a known issue ? or is there a work around other than Native Query ?

Please advice 

Thanks 

Thomas 

@gowrishankar65,

Do you have sufficient permission on the other tables? Could you please write a specific SQL statement to get data from one of the 20000 tables during connection and check if it is successful?

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-yuezhe-msft, Yes, I checked that by giving SQL statement and I was able to retrieve data for those tables which are not showing in the navigator and I am going with this approach for my work. Will the system resources come into play for displaying all the contents in the navigator ?

@gowrishankar65,

It should be a issue inside Power BI Desktop. Does it display all the tables when you connect to the IBM DB2 database from Power Query or Power Pivot?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.