Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SANDRALIA
Helper I
Helper I

IA Icon and Question Icon not available

Hi friends!  at PBI desktop the icons for AI analysis and Questions ans answers are not available.  (Versión: 2.109.1021.0 )

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SANDRALIA 

You don't have these features because you are using Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server) rather than Power BI Desktop for Power BI Service. From this article (Comparing Power BI Report Server and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn), you will know that Power BI Report Server doesn't support Q&A or AI analysis so Power BI Desktop Optimized for Power BI Report Server doesn't have these features. To use these unsupported features, you need to install Power BI Desktop for Power BI Service (the normal Power BI Desktop).

Download link for Microsoft Power BI Desktop

Download Link for Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server)

Additional Reading: (from Install Power BI Desktop for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn)

It's easy to verify that you're using the correct Power BI Desktop: Look at the launch screen or title bar within Power BI Desktop. You can tell you have the right version because Power BI Desktop (January 2021) or later is in the title bar. Also, the Power BI logo colors are reversed, yellow on black instead of black on yellow.

vjingzhang_1-1674804689259.png

The version of Power BI Desktop for the Power BI service doesn't have the month and year in the title bar.

vjingzhang_2-1674804730282.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SANDRALIA 

You don't have these features because you are using Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server) rather than Power BI Desktop for Power BI Service. From this article (Comparing Power BI Report Server and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn), you will know that Power BI Report Server doesn't support Q&A or AI analysis so Power BI Desktop Optimized for Power BI Report Server doesn't have these features. To use these unsupported features, you need to install Power BI Desktop for Power BI Service (the normal Power BI Desktop).

Download link for Microsoft Power BI Desktop

Download Link for Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server)

Additional Reading: (from Install Power BI Desktop for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn)

It's easy to verify that you're using the correct Power BI Desktop: Look at the launch screen or title bar within Power BI Desktop. You can tell you have the right version because Power BI Desktop (January 2021) or later is in the title bar. Also, the Power BI logo colors are reversed, yellow on black instead of black on yellow.

vjingzhang_1-1674804689259.png

The version of Power BI Desktop for the Power BI service doesn't have the month and year in the title bar.

vjingzhang_2-1674804730282.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @SANDRALIA ,

did you check the insert tab, its shown there

Idrissshatila_0-1674648295332.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, I  have not this tabs, remember Im working with pdi DESKTOP  version 2.109.102 (net framework 4.8)

SANDRALIA_0-1674650248237.png

Hello @SANDRALIA ,

Do you have a problem in installing the latest power Bi version?

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

no

@SANDRALIA,

Then install the latest version and check if its available in the insert tab.

Follow me on Linkedin

I have one of the more recent, version 2.109.102  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.