Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hiroshi_uchida
Frequent Visitor

I want to define DAX of none role in RLS

Hello,

In defining with RLS, there are many cases where you want to specify something that you do not want to show to other users. Therefore, I would like to define users who have not been assigned a role, do you know how to do it?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @hiroshi_uchida,

You can create two groups in the Office 365 Admin center. Then you can assign the role to respective groups. Please refer to service-admin-rls#add-members

I_want_to_define_DAX_of_none_role_in_RLS

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hiroshi_uchida,

How do you want to define these users? By listing their names? I'm afraid it's impossible to identify users who have not been assigned a role with DAX. Because we assign roles without DAX. 

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply.

Precondition
"Personnel affairs" ... Mr. A, Mr. B
"Non Human Resources" ··· "Other 100 persons"

Requirement
· "Human Resources" can see all the lines.
· "Non-personnel affairs" can not see a specific line.

In this case, it is time-consuming to create a "non-personnel" role in RLS and assign it to "other 100 people".

Therefore, if the "Human Resources" role is assigned, I would like to see all the lines and not the specific line unless the "personnel" role is assigned.

Thank you.

Hi @hiroshi_uchida,

You can create two groups in the Office 365 Admin center. Then you can assign the role to respective groups. Please refer to service-admin-rls#add-members

I_want_to_define_DAX_of_none_role_in_RLS

Best Regards,

Dale

thank you for your answer.

However, I do not want to do it because the way I taught took time to allocate to groups.
Because there are around 100 other roles, and they change frequently.I'm sorry.

It seems there is no other method, so I will close it.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.