Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to create dynamic title for slicer values selected (Please note multi level hierarchy)

Hi All,

I want to create a dynamic title with respect to the values selected in my hierarchy slicer.

Please Note: I am having multiple levels to show not only a single level that we can do using

CONCATENATEX() function.

The scenario is :

1. I am having Product-Category, Sub-Category, and Product in my hierarchy. I am using adventureworks2012 database.

2. I have imported hierarchy slicer from the market place and added my hierarchy in that.

3. Now In my hierarchy slicer, I can select Product-Category, Sub-Category, and Product.

i. If I select all Products from any Sub-Category then I should show the result as the Subcategory Name, instead of a list of Products Name concatenated in the title.

ii. If I select all Sub-Categories from any Category then I should show the result as the Category Name, instead of a list of Sub-Category Name concatenated in the title. 

Please find below screenshot for your reference:- Whole scenario is explained in text boxWhole scenario is explained in text box

Dataset look if you needDataset look if you need

Thank You

Amey

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can try to use CONCATENATEX() function to combine each level, then use CONCATENATE() function to combine all these levels, we can use if(.... = blank()) to judge if each level have content.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TeigeGao ,

I don't want to combine all levels selected but instead if all members are selected from lower level then instead of showing all the selected members I want to show the level above that.

DynamicTitle_ExpectedResult.png

Regards

Amey

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.