Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to convert decimal value that is in text format to decimal number

1: I have a decimal value in text format, with several decimal places, but I need to convert it to number.

Ex.:

2: I replaced the dot with comma.

Ex.:

3: I converted the text format to decimal number, but I get this result.

Ex.: 

I would like to convert to exactly the same number of decimal places and without rounding the number because rounding affects the result because it is a latitude and longitude number. 

If anyone can help me would be very happy because I did not find any tutorial on this specifically. Thanks in advance

image 1image 1image 2image 2imagem 3imagem 3

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This won't affect your model. You can change the number of decimal places displayed.

decimal.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gckcmc
Resolver I
Resolver I

I would use the transform function.  Right click on the column and select "Transform" then the sub menu "Decimal Number".  I'm not sure if the "," conversion is really required, unless for formatting purposes in other parts of your query.  This will preserve the decimal places.  (don't use fixed decimal)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gckcmc 

No decimal number transformation in submenu:

foto 4.png

Alterar typo?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.