Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lordneeko
Advocate II
Advocate II

I want to be able to take an email address and query for that user's O365 profile

We're trying to create usage data and we have something that tracks the email address of people using our app, however I want to be able to take that email address, query for their O365 profile, and then pull out data (specifically their organization).

Then I can do analytics on which "organizations" are using the app the most.

The users for a "period" are being exported to CSV periodically, then the list of user emails and the number of numbers they accessed the app are pulled into PowerBI.

Is there a method of doing this? I do not currently have the ability to utlilze Microsoft Graph or PowerAutomate in our environment, however PowerAutomate should be coming soon. I've been thinking that perhaps this is the way I could do it, use PowerAutomate to process the CSV and get the user profile...however I'd love to find there is a way to do this with PowerBI alone.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lordneeko ,

Could you please explain what data and information you want to get from your user profile or just entering Power BI as an O365 administrator. If the data that needs to be obtained is a visual image, it is not supported to display the image in Visuals through the data source in Power BI, and this should work in the Excel power pivot. 

Or you may consider submit an idea regarding this part, through the following website:Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Just textual data such as "display name," "company", "department", things like that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.