Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rpredmore
Frequent Visitor

I want date slicer to end on today's date, but still be editable

Hello,

I am designing a report with a date range slicer. I want the slicer to automatically show a specific start date and end on today's date. However, I want the stakeholder I am designing the report for to be able to edit the date range if they choose to.

Example:

Today is September 23, 2020.
On the report I want the date range slicer to automatically show 01/01/2019 - 09/23/2020. When I open the report, the visuals should be showing me data points between these ranges.
If I come back tomorrow to look at the report I want it to automatically show me 01/01/2019 - 09/24/2020, etc.

However, I also need to be able to edit this date range while viewing the report, and so far I cannot find a way that this is possible. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rpredmore ,

You may try to create a calculated table. The TODAY function will retrun the current date.

Table = CALENDAR(DATE(2019,1,1),TODAY())

4.png

You can check more details from here.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rpredmore 

attached you'll find a pbix file with a dynamic date range. If you open this file and refresh it, it expands the date range to today in slicer.

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Assuming you don't have data in your dataset from the future, you should be able to do this out of the box by just moving the beginning of the slider date range to where you want?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.