cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: I want Export data of matrix visual in matrix form not in tabular form.

Please add the proper export visual feature, currently, export matrix data into excel is giving detail data not in pivot format, because the client needs this for next level calculation.

Highlighted

If they need to export to Excel to do further analysis then maybe the Power BI report is not designed properly (just a guess).  Also, why not use Analyze in Excel?

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Highlighted

This is definately an issue.

I've created a PowerBI Matrix that 'pivots' textual data, rather than numerical.

To put it simply, I have a number (50K+) of suppliers, each supplier can have a number of services (10+) and their statuses.

I want the following and to be able to output the results to excel.  The combined total when tabular is 1.4 M rows, this is not workable.  Hence why the Matrix view is so important.  Note Service Status is a separate table with ServiceName and ServiceStatus.  ServiceName = ServiceA, ServiceB, ServiceC etc (col names) and ServiceStatus would become the value (FirstValue).

Supplier | Service A  | Service B | Service C ......   Service H

Acme Holdings | OK | INVALID | OK | CORRUPT

Bunny Ltd | OK | OK | OK | OK

Road Runner Plc  | INVALID | INVALID | CORRUPT

Highlighted

Could we get a new tag in this community? Something like "reported as solved but there is no way to make the requested functionality work, however if you do the work in another tool you can still reach your goal".

It is a bit to frequent in this specific forum to find "solved" meaning "it has been answered and there is no working solution, which is for this question considered solved". In other places, solved means "the requested functionality could be produced". 

It would be good if the distinction between that kind of solved, and this kind of solved could be made clear already in the tagging, so we do not have to read all articles t understand no one was able to produce the requested behaviour.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can anybody have any updates on this, I need really a download feature of the matrix in excel, right now it is not working.

Highlighted

The update is it doesn't work this way.  You can find plenty of suggestions for this at ideas.powerbi.com

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35167033-matrix-data-export-to-ex...

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The update is it doesn't work this way.  You can find plenty of suggestions for this at ideas.powerbi.com

>> At ideas.powerbi.com, everybody is asking about matrix export feature, did not have any suggestions at any blogs of your page, just found that everybody saying the same and no one has any update regarding the fixes.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am at client side and we purchased 100+ licenses and this functionality is not available yet.

The client doesn't want to continue with PowerBI so, need these fixes otherwise we will move to another product.

@MattAllington : Please help me as soon as possible by fixing this matrix export issue. 

As i saw, idea voting is started for this topic by July 2016 and nobody giving us any date regarding this....

Highlighted

The way to get the software changed is by voting for ideas. When I want change, I use social media and seek support from the community. Maybe you should do that. 

Perosnally, I don’t see this as a major issue, but just an inconvenience. Microsoft is clearly building this product as a live, interactive tool that is designed not to need “export to Excel”.  If this is such a major requirement that 100 users can’t use the tool, then my advice is to revisit how your configuration of the solution is actually delivering value (or not). Why do they have to Export?  Have you tried Analyze in Excel?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The way to get the software changed is by voting for ideas. When I want change, I use social media and seek support from the community. Maybe you should do that. 

>> 154 vote is already there by users and for my other clients I used Jaspersoft, Tableau and they are giving us this as a basic feature, so why Microsoft is not looking into it?

Perosnally, I don’t see this as a major issue, but just an inconvenience. Microsoft is clearly building this product as a live, interactive tool that is designed not to need “export to Excel”.  If this is such a major requirement that 100 users can’t use the tool, then my advice is to revisit how your configuration of the solution is actually delivering value (or not). Why do they have to Export?  Have you tried Analyze in Excel?

>> As per client, we need “export to Excel” as matrix download because clients need to share their matrix data to other users in excel and for cross-checking with manual excel sheets we need that type of data in excel otherwise how they can do?

The client has to prepare again a pivot in excel for PowerBI matrix report because PowerBi is not exporting matrix data. Its a rework for the client which we already did in powerBI report.

Have you tried Analyze in Excel?

>> It's again a rework for preparing a report.

So, please understand our pain and give us some fixing date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors