Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sagart8379
Regular Visitor

I published report from PBI Desktop. Can't see anything on PBI Service. Where is my report??

I am using PBI Desktop 2.4..4675.621 (March 2017 release). I have prepared a simple Report with 2 charts and then clicked on "Publish". It showed a pop-up -- "working on it". After 2-3 seconds, the pop-up disappeared without any further message.

Then I logged on to PBI Service -- using the same credentials -- but I just can't see anything. In fact, after logging in to Service, I see a webpage with some icons. But none of these icons can be clicked. Not even the PBI Square icon on top-left. (Refer attached screenshot)

So practically, I am clueless on where is my report? Is it really published? If yes, then how do I access it? If not, then why not? What am I supposed to do to make it happen?

Static page after logging in, with NO action to performStatic page after logging in, with NO action to perform\

Update: I have tried PBI Service on IE 11 and Chrome, with same results -- static icons without any further action to do.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sagart8379,

>>I am using PBI Desktop 2.4..4675.621 (March 2017 release). 

I can't found the version which you metioned, the newest version is 2.44.4675.521.  I can publish to my workspace.

Capture.PNG

>>It showed a pop-up -- "working on it". After 2-3 seconds, the pop-up disappeared without any further message.

It seems like you have publish failed, after "work on it" message, normally power bi will shows the workspace choose panel.

Can you share something detail of your issue? It is hard to reproduce your issue from your description.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-shex-msft

Please find attached screenshot of the version I am using. I might have made some typo earlier if possible.

My PowerBI version.png

Anyway, I unstalled and re-installed PBI (same version), deleted all browser cookies and re-logged to PBI Service. The login credentials used for PBI Desktop and Service are same. Then I opened a sample PBI project and published it. I got "working on it" message and after 2-3 seconds, it disappeared. No message/ notification/ error thereafter.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi @sagart8379,

Have you try to re-signin your account on power bi desktop and test again?

I test on the same version of powre bi but still can't reporduce the issue, I think it may related to your network. Perhaps you can submit a support ticket for this issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.