Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jwin2424
Resolver I
Resolver I

I only want one secondary y-axis

I have an excel chart where I can select which lines have a secondary y axis. 

jwin2424_0-1648497157435.png

However, in Power Bi, it applies the secondary y axis to both lines. 

jwin2424_2-1648497223212.png

I need the yellow bar to fall back down like the first image. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @jwin2424 ,

Here is Dual Y axis Line Chart which will help you to choose which value you want on secondary axis or you can also add third axis. You will just need to add a stacked column chart along with it to suit your need. Hope this helps you..

Dual Y axis in Line chart with PBIVizEdit.comDual Y axis in Line chart with PBIVizEdit.com

Dual Y axis in Line chart with PBIVizEdit.comDual Y axis in Line chart with PBIVizEdit.com

Download link on this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/dual-y-axis-line-chart 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

•  anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problems/errors.

You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in the editor).

Thanks,

Team PBIVizEdit

Actually nevermind, I see what you're saying. I need to create it with a column chart. I am on a company computer, and I cannot download from the internet. Is this the only solution?

HI @jwin2424,

Here is the custom visual of the dual y-axis column chart, you can try it it helps:

Dual Y Axis Column Chart | PBI VizEdit

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Almost what I need. I mispoke in my last message. I said Column Chart when I really meant Stacked Chart (lilke the visual from my original post). I am playing around with the editor though to see if I can adjust the chart myself. I found the bar chart type and switched it to Scattered, but that didn't seem to work. 

Hi @jwin2424,

I don't think the scatter chart can achieve the sample effect you shared. It used different logic than common dual-axis charts to analyze records.

If the above suggestion all not suitable for your requirement, you can also try to use script-based visuals (e.g. R, Python) to manually plot corresponding visual graphs. (they can simply nest different visual effects on the same chart)

Dual Y axis with R and ggplot2 – the R Graph Gallery (r-graph-gallery.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Bummer. Thank for the recommendation. I am not familiar with R, so I don't think I will be adding it to my chart. For now, I will just have to think of a different visual display. 

Thank you for this. I did download it via the tool in Power Bi (Get more Apps), but this doesn't have columns as far as I can see. Am I missing something? 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jwin2424 , You can change Start and End of Secondary Y Axis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.