Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amirzayev13
Helper I
Helper I

I need to find max id with condition

HI, I have a table F_JOB_STATUS:my task:

demo data v.png

A/B*100

A = cases ([case_id]) (only [case_type_id] = 1 or 2solved (and([case_status_id] = 7 , [de_id] <> BLANK())) in shorter period ([WTF] = 1) during that month

B = All solved cases (and([case_status_id] = 7 , [de_id] <> BLANK())) 

As you can see, the id in the table is duplicated, you need to take into account the unique ones (for this I think you can find the maximum id, like so: MAX([ID] over [CASE_ID]))

To find the maximum id, I created a column

OPEN_C&C_WTF_MAX (F_JOB_Status) = 
CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,F_JOB_STATUS[JOB_ID]=EARLIER(F_JOB_STATUS[JOB_ID])))

but it did not help me, since it is a column and when filtering by date it loses its meaning

Is it possible to create 2 measures A and B, in which conditions A and B are taken into account and the maximum id is taken into account?
or maybe there is another way?

pbix file

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @amirzayev13 

Sorry for my late reply. I’ve modified the measure:

MeasureA = CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[ID]),FILTER(ALL(F_JOB_STATUS),[Column]=1&&[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()&&[WTF]=1),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_STATUS_ID]),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]))
MeasureB = CALCULATE(MAX([ID]),FILTER(ALL(F_JOB_STATUS),[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_STATUS_ID]),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]))

06.png

Kindly check if it works.

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-diye-msft 

Thank you very much.
I solved the problem differently, literally an hour ago.

measureA = 
calculate(
	distinctcount( F_CASE_STATUS[case_id] ), 
	 F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_TYPE_ID] in {1,2},
	 F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_STATUS_ID] = 7,
	 F_JOB_STATUS[DE_ID] <> BLANK(),
	 F_JOB_STATUS[WTF] = 1)
measureB = 
calculate(	
	distinctcount( F_JOB_STATUS[case_id] ),
	 F_JOB_STATUS[DE_ID] <> BLANK())
Final Measure = 
DIVIDE([A], [B])

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
amirzayev13
Helper I
Helper I

@amirzayev13 wrote:

HI, I have a table F_JOB_STATUS:my task:

demo data v.png

A/B*100

A = cases ([case_id]) (only [case_type_id] = 1 or 2solved (and([case_status_id] = 7 , [de_id] <> BLANK())) in shorter period ([WTF] = 1) during that month

As you can see, the id in the table is duplicated, you need to take into account the unique ones (for this I think you can find the maximum id, like so: MAX([ID] over [CASE_ID]))

To find the maximum id, I created a column

OPEN_C&C_WTF_MAX (F_JOB_Status) = 
CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,F_JOB_STATUS[JOB_ID]=EARLIER(F_JOB_STATUS[JOB_ID])))

but it did not help me, since it is a column and when filtering by date it loses its meaning

Is it possible to create 2 measures A and B, in which conditions A and B are taken into account and the maximum id is taken into account?
or maybe there is another way?

pbix file

Is there really no solution? Man Sad

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amirzayev13 

Here’re some points need your further confirmation:

1. Please specify the [DE_ID],  I figure it’s [ID] in the table. please correct the formula below if I go wrong
  2. B = CASE_ID conditions ([CASE_STATUS_ID] <> 7 and ( [CASE_STATUS_ID] = 7 and [DE_ID] is null)). The logic is contradictory under the condition. I figure the former one is [CASE_TYPE_ID], please correct the formula below if I go wrong.
  3. You’d like to find the maximum [CASE_ID], not [ID] in the table.

I created a column:

Column = IF([CASE_TYPE_ID]=1||[CASE_TYPE_ID]=2,1)

Then use below measures:

A = CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,[WTF]=1&&[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&NOT(ISBLANK([ID]))&&[Column]=1))
B = CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,[CASE_TYPE_ID]<>7&&[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&NOT(ISBLANK([ID]))))

Measure = [A]/[B]*100

Results shown as below:

Pbix attached here for your reference: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dinaye_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/ETusXrQDeNhGuiAHOK7MeY...

111.png

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

1. Please specify the [DE_ID],  I figure it’s [ID] in the table. please correct the formula below if I go wrong
  2. B = CASE_ID conditions ([CASE_STATUS_ID] <> 7 and ( [CASE_STATUS_ID] = 7 and [DE_ID] is null)). The logic is contradictory under the condition. I figure the former one is [CASE_TYPE_ID], please correct the formula below if I go wrong.

Hi @v-diye-msft ,
Thank you for helping me, I am very grateful.

clarifying:

1. [DE_ID] - this is a different ID. forgot to specify in the table, sorry

I need to find the max [ID] over [CASE_ID], because this is the only way to calculate the status of work at a certain moment. Since [CASE_ID] is duplicated and their statuses are different, you need to select one. And this is possible with max [ID].

Modified data and added expected result.

demo data.png

excuse me for my English, I hope I wrote it clearly.

Hi,

Please try below ones:

Add a column : 

then

MeasureA = CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,[Column]=1&&[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()&&[WTF]=1))

MeasureB = CALCULATE(MAX([ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()))

8.PNG

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

@v-diye-msft wrote:

Hi,

Please try below ones:

Add a column : 

then

MeasureA = CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,[Column]=1&&[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()&&[WTF]=1))

MeasureB = CALCULATE(MAX([ID]),FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS,[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()))

8.PNG

Best regards,

Dina Ye

This is not what I did as you wrote (I add a pbix file), but as you can see from the photo below, the case_id is duplicated, and measure A and B gives a copy of the [ID].  And I need a maximum [ID] over [CASE_ID]. Then to calculate Distinctcount[measureA] / distinctcount[measureB] * 100

demo data_v1.png

Hi @v-diye-msft ,

MAX (F_JOB_Status) column = 
CALCULATE(MAX(CASE_STATUS[ID]), FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS, F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]=EARLIER(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID])))

Here in this form, the code works fine, but only when creating a column. This code in this form does not work with measure.
I need exactly the measure, because the column is calculated when the data is updated 1 time. A measure takes into account filters

clarifying:

1. [DE_ID] - this is a different ID. forgot to specify in the table, sorry

A = cases ([case_id]) (only [case_type_id] = 1 or 2) solved (and([case_status_id] = 7 , [de_id] <> BLANK())) in shorter period ([WTF] = 1) during that month

I need to find the max [ID], because this is the only way to calculate the status of work at a certain moment. Since [CASE_ID] is duplicated and their statuses are different, you need to select one. And this is possible with max [ID].

Modified data and added expected result.

excuse me for my English, I hope I wrote it clearly.

amirzayev13
Helper I
Helper I

measure = MAXX(
	ADDCOLUMNS(
		ALL(
		F_JOB_STATUS[ID]), "Unique_ID", 
			CALCULATE(
				FILTER(F_JOB_STATUS, 
					AND(
					F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7, 
						AND(
						F_JOB_STATUS[WTF]=1, 
							OR(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_TYPE_ID]=1, F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_TYPE_ID]=2)))))), 
								FILTER(
									F_JOB_STATUS, F_JOB_STATUS[DE_ID] <> BLANK()))

and it did not help, already the 2nd day I am looking for an answer .....

Hi @amirzayev13 

Sorry for my late reply. I’ve modified the measure:

MeasureA = CALCULATE(MAX(F_JOB_STATUS[ID]),FILTER(ALL(F_JOB_STATUS),[Column]=1&&[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()&&[WTF]=1),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_STATUS_ID]),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]))
MeasureB = CALCULATE(MAX([ID]),FILTER(ALL(F_JOB_STATUS),[CASE_STATUS_ID]=7&&[DE_ID]<>BLANK()),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_STATUS_ID]),VALUES(F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_ID]))

06.png

Kindly check if it works.

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

@v-diye-msft 

Thank you very much.
I solved the problem differently, literally an hour ago.

measureA = 
calculate(
	distinctcount( F_CASE_STATUS[case_id] ), 
	 F_JOB_STATUS[CASE_TYPE_ID] in {1,2},
	 F_JOB_STATUS[DE_ID] <> BLANK(),
	 F_JOB_STATUS[WTF] = 1)
measureB = 
calculate(	
	distinctcount( F_JOB_STATUS[case_id] ),
	 F_JOB_STATUS[DE_ID] <> BLANK())
Final Measure = 
DIVIDE([A], [B])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.