Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to display a matrix for each group of rows and the matrix has to be dynamic

Hi All,

I have a specific requirement to display a matrix for each group of rows. And the Matrix has to be dynamic, for example today I have 3 set groups, I need to display 3 different matrix and if tomorrow when a 4th set of group is added to the table, then I need to display a 4th matrix automatically. Let me give you guys a sample data with Data and Values as column names as below:

Data           Value

TATA          1000

HYUNDAI   3000

FORD          4000

So I Needed to display the data and the value belonging to TATA in one matrix and Hyundai in another matrix and FORD in another matrix. And at a later point in time Data with value HONDA has been added with some value. I needed it to displayed in the fourth matrix automatically with out doing any changes to PBIX file. I have give a sample data of 1 row for each group and this comes from a single table.

Any thoughts on how to implement the above scenario in Power BI Desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I don't understand the logic of having separate visuals, why not in one matrix visual, group the data and as new data arrive after the next refresh, the same matrix will show the updated data and list the new group. I still don't know if it makes sense to have a separate matrix visual for each data point and dynamically add a new matrix (which is not possible).

I have no idea if R or Python can do it, not my area of expertise.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I don't understand the logic of having separate visuals, why not in one matrix visual, group the data and as new data arrive after the next refresh, the same matrix will show the updated data and list the new group. I still don't know if it makes sense to have a separate matrix visual for each data point and dynamically add a new matrix (which is not possible).

I have no idea if R or Python can do it, not my area of expertise.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k, this was requested by the customer as they are moving from google studio to Power BI, though in google studio there was only static groups meaning in the above stated example there are only 3 groups which can be easily acheivable using Power BI, but the request was if there is an additional group at a later point in time, can that be taken care was the request from their end. I am curious to know whether MATPLOITLIB or PANDAS library would be of any help here?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous that is not possible, you cannot create visuals dynamically. In general, this requirement doesn't make sense to me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.