Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to add Reference Band Per Pane in Power BI.

Hi All

As we are migrating our reports from Tableau to Power BI. I came across this scenerio. My Technology is Tableau. Not sure is it possible in Power BI.

I am having a hard time to add reference band per pane in one of my reports in Power BI.

Tableau Vs Power BI ReportTableau Vs Power BI Report

If You see in above above screen shot. In Tableau i have reference line - Band on each Bar ( Grey Shaded Area per bar). where i am showing 2 measures as Max and Min. I want to replicate same in power BI.

Seems like i have achieved 80% of the chart and need help in rest 20%.

All suggestions are welcomed.

Peace : 

MR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Regarding the legend you cannot show only some of the values or you show all or none.

For the shading if you take out the shading for the bottom line the shading of the top line will be kept, one option maybe is to clear the shading but make the line thicker something like in the bottom.

Untitled.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

If you add a line and clustered chart and add the lines with the reference and select steped you can have both lines, you can also select the shading on max and min and it will be similar.

step.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix

Thanks for your Quick reply.

I have created the same visual using Line and Stacked Column chart. And the chart looks as below which seems to be similiar to my tableau with accurate data as well.

1. Is there a way to remove the couple of measures from legend as well. (Need to remove legends from color legend which are highlighted in yellow)

2. Is there a way, i can remove the area(below 1st line in blue color) below the first line. As i need are in grey color between the lines only.

Power BI - Chart with linesPower BI - Chart with lines

Regards

Mahesh Rakwal

Hi @Anonymous,

Regarding the legend you cannot show only some of the values or you show all or none.

For the shading if you take out the shading for the bottom line the shading of the top line will be kept, one option maybe is to clear the shading but make the line thicker something like in the bottom.

Untitled.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.