Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rde
Regular Visitor

I need percentages in a report, tried searching but nothing yet

I have a data table

number, resolved,groupid,responsetime

I have one measure  countickets=COUNT([number])

it creates the report I need (see images) but now the users want % for each value

I hope I have given enough information.

my current reportmy current reportexample of adding percentagesexample of adding percentagesbasic databasic data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rde ,

I updated the sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

yingyinr_0-1618998524808.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
rde
Regular Visitor

I think we are close, but I forgot to give you two pieces of information

one I have a calendar so I am using the calendar date. that was an easy fix

Percentage =
VAR _total =
CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( SnowMonthlyActivity[number]),
ALLEXCEPT ( D_CAL_V, D_CAL_V[CAL_DATE])
)
RETURN
DIVIDE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( SnowMonthlyActivity[number]), _total, 0 )

But I forgot there is one more column and actually it is the MOST important column
Over30Days
so this data is tickets that are handled by our call center
and we identify each ticket as follows (in column Over30Days)
0-2
3-5
6-30
Over30
So I updated you formula as follows"
PercOver30 =
VAR _total =
CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( SnowMonthlyActivity[number]),
ALLEXCEPT ( D_CAL_V, D_CAL_V[CAL_DATE])
)
RETURN
DIVIDE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( SnowMonthlyActivity[Over30days]), _total, 0 )

But that did not work.  

Not sure if this is enough information.  If not I will create data in a text file

Please let me know, thanks

Hi @rde ,

What's your expected result? Do you want to get the percentage of the number of tickets that are more than 30 days old in the total number of tickets or something else? Could you please provide the original data and the expected result with some examples or screenshot? By the way, column [Over30Days] is a fact column or calculated column? If it is a calculated column, please share its formula with me. Thank you.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

so yes ultimately the over30day/0-2/3-5/6-30 count as a percentage of total tickets for the month is the goal

so there is another column "opened" and the days difference between Opened and resolved is the over30day calculation.  Over30days is a calculated column (not a measure)

Over30days =
IF (DATEDIff(SnowMonthlyActivity[Opened],SnowMonthlyActivity[Closed]-2,DAY)<=2,"0-2",
IF (DATEDIFF(SnowMonthlyActivity[Opened],SnowMonthlyActivity [Closed]-2,DAY)<=5,"3-5",
IF (DATEDIFF(SnowMonthlyActivity[Opened],SnowMonthlyActivity[Closed]-2,DAY)<=30,"6-30",
IF (DATEDIFF(SnowMonthlyActivity[Opened],SnowMonthlyActivity[Closed]-2,DAY)>30,"Over30"))))

I have a txt file with March 2021 data, but do not know how to attach it. let me research that

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rde ,

You can create a measure as below, please find the attachment for the details.

Percentage = 
VAR _total =
    CALCULATE (
        DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Table'[number] ),
        ALLEXCEPT ( 'Table', 'Table'[resolved] )
    )
RETURN
    DIVIDE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Table'[number] ), _total, 0 )

yingyinr_0-1618541458004.png

If the above one is not working for your scenario, please provide some sample data in Text format (exclude sensitive data) and your expected result with calculation logic and more details. Thank you.

Best Regards

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you provide sample data in a text format?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I cannot figure out how to upload my text file.  I do not have any type of web space to create a "link"  Does this board allow uploads?  Am I missing something?

rde
Regular Visitor

Hi @rde ,

I updated the sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

yingyinr_0-1618998524808.png

Best Regards

so i updated the formula.  I suspect my numbers are not working because I "summarize" the assignment groups.  so I have a table that "groups" all the "assigned to" into larger groups.  i.e. Randy Etheridge to L2Support etc.

when I plug in your formula I get this
as you can see 2,509/4,328 should be 57.97%

but the calculation is 0.739%

rde_0-1619531982843.png

Assignment Group rollup

rde_1-1619532825369.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors