Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need a better option for tree hierarchy visualization

Hello,

I wanted to put items with value with different hierarchy in a tree manner. I found some options in market place.

It worked good, but it only shows absolute value. I wanted to put percentage next to absolute value with different color (for example, in case it is minus red, plus green). I also want to put the percentage value by myself using different column, not want it to be calculated automatically from absolute value that I put.

Is there better visualization option for a tree hierarchy? (with absolute value, percentage, different color depends on the value) If it is easy, I would like to know how to develop my customized visualization. Is there anyone who had this issue? Thank you.

Best regards,

Sichang

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did  you implement it? You could share your own solution. Or if you make sense about my answer, please accept it as a solution. More people who need the same requirement will benefit here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I need an interface that can show absolute value and seprate percentage value with different color. (if it is minus red, plus green something like that)

This tree will be used to replace original report. But without these three features I mentioned, I can not use your hierarchy visualization.

Do you think is there any other options for the tree interface? or is it possible to develop one by myself? Thanks.

Cheers,

Sichang

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have no experience to develop a custom visual. You could go to Custom Visuals Development Discussion to get some support to create one. Hope that forum will help you.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, for existing visuals, I think they can't implement to set different colors based on the value-size.

For putting percentage next to absolute value, I tried the custom visual of Hierarchy Chart by Akvelon . It works fine. And the color of data can be changed in the Format when we drag columns to the field of Type.

6.PNG

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.