Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vaibhavreddy
Regular Visitor

I have two column store & cashback needs maximum percentage as a New Column

I have two column store and cashback 

Like example

Store               CashBack

Walmart           5%12%

BestBuy           up to 3.08%

I need Results like this Maximum Cashback and need to get rid of "up to"

Store               CashBack

Walmart           12%

BestBuy           3.08%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vaibhavreddy,

You may use space as a delimiter to split column into rows in Query Editor, then use RANKX Function to add a calculated column in DAX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
McCow
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @vaibhavreddy

the solution with ""up to"" seems me pretty simple, but for the first request i need a source. Just 2-3 rows of the source table must be ok.

Can you publish here?

Best regs

Searsup to 1.08%
Kmartup to 2.7%
GNC12% 16%
Coach12% 14%
VerizonUp to $75
Rakuten10% 4%

Hi @vaibhavreddy

try this:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WCk5NLCpW0lEqLVAoyVcw1DOwUFWK1YlW8s5NLCqBixvpmUOE3f2cgYKGRqoKhmYQEef8xOQMmJgJRCwstSizKj8PKBoK1q5ibgoWD0rMLi1JBYkbGqgqgBTHAgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Column1 = _t, Column2 = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}}),
    #"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(#"Changed Type", "Column2", Splitter.SplitTextByDelimiter("% ", QuoteStyle.Csv), {"Column2.1", "Column2.2"}),
    #"Inserted Text After Delimiter" = Table.AddColumn(#"Split Column by Delimiter", "up to", each Text.AfterDelimiter([Column2.1], " ", 1), type text),
    #"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Text After Delimiter", "Custom", each if Text.Contains([Column2.1], "p to") then null else [Column2.1]),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added Conditional Column","%","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Column2.2"}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Replaced Value",{{"Column2.2", type number}, {"Custom", type number}}),
    #"Added Conditional Column1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Custom.1", each if [Column2.2] > [Custom] then [Column2.2] else if [Column2.2] < [Custom] then [Custom] else null),
    #"Replaced Errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Added Conditional Column1", {{"Custom.1", null}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Replaced Errors",{"Column2.1", "Column2.2", "Custom"}),
    #"Changed Type3" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns",{{"Custom.1", type text}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type3", "Custom", each if [Custom.1] <> null then [Custom.1]&"%" else null),
    #"Removed Columns1" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Custom.1"}),
    #"Added Conditional Column2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns1", "Custom.1", each if [Custom] = null then [up to] else [Custom], type text),
    #"Removed Columns2" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Conditional Column2",{"up to", "Custom"})
in
    #"Removed Columns2"

of course it is ugly code, but explain a possible steps of converting your mix data ("%" and "$" together). 95% composed from interface only 🙂

and feel free to ask back

@vaibhavreddy,

You may use space as a delimiter to split column into rows in Query Editor, then use RANKX Function to add a calculated column in DAX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.