Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mahmoud_Awad99

I have this error(The key didn’t match any rows in the table error in power bi) when i Open autodesk

• I have this error(The key didn’t match any rows in the table error in power bi) when i Open autodesk construction cloud template and add data in power bi using construction cloud can any one help me and why data does not match The corresponding table in the template it load a new table with same name +(2).
  • @XiaodongLiang 
  •  
2 REPLIES 2
oe_lopez
Regular Visitor

Hello Mahmoud, I am very new to PowerBi but I had this problem as well. 

The solution is converting the hardcoded sheet name in the transformation function to dynamic. I found this from MissMicrosoft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMF3bNXqT2c&ab_channel=MissMicrosoft. 

In this video, she also covers dynamic name tables.

Hope this helps!

Omar

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mahmoud_Awad99 ,

TL;DR You’re probably getting this error because your Power Query query is trying to connect to a table or worksheet or something in your data source that has been deleted or been renamed.

There are two ways to fix the error:

1. Go to the Excel workbook and change the name of the sheet called “Hello” back to “Sheet1” or
  2. In either the Advanced Editor or the Formula Bar edit the M code and replace the reference to “Sheet1” with “Hello” in the second step of the query:

More details:Understanding The “The key didn’t match any rows in the table” Error In Power Query In Power BI Or E... 

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Expression Error.: The key didn't match any rows in the table

• Click duplicate on source on the right ( Applied step)

- It show a table--> You can see at the Hiddens column--> It's "False"

- Click on "Table" on Data column.

- It's show a msg box (Pic 2) --> Choose continuos 

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide a screenshot with the error.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.