Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gforssberg
Helper I
Helper I

I have a MEASURE for a week by week table and need to roll it up for a month by month table

See the two tables below. I have a week over week "ghost hours" calculation. Now I need to average the weeks together into a month over month chart. This seems like it would be simple with columns but with measures, it seems tough. I'm sure this is simple but does anyone have an easy answer? 

Need Help.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gforssberg ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gforssberg ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Sure. There are several measures, [Total], [Full], [Ghost] and [%] that are calculated for the week in the bottom table. They work correctly. I need to average out the weekly measures to make a month by month view. Does that make sense? It would be (Relative Week 1 +Week 2 + Week 3 + Week 4)/4, essentially. But the adding of measures and having the right filters is throwing me off...

User allocations.pngSummary Tables.png

@gforssberg , if you want to take an Average of measure above Week Level, you can try like

AverageX(values(Table[Week]), [measure])

Worked! I think I had tried this but screwed up the syntax. Thanks for setting me straight, sir!

Thanks! I'll try this in the morning. Best

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.