Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stpetrov

I don't see the "Get Data" button anywhere.

It should be A LOT more obvious how to import my data.

If for some reason I don't get to import data then the button MUST still be there, disabled and with a message telling my why it's disabled, so I don't click around like crazy, not knowing if I just can't find it or if it's disabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your screenshot wasn't from the Power BI desktop.  I think you are using the Power BI App from the App Store.  This isn't the same thing.  The Power BI App is for consuming only.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
nhksrd

In the online service the GetData button  is hidden. Do we need to set any configuration in admin portal 

stpetrov

Capture.PNG

This is what my screen looks like in PowerBI Desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't look like Power BI desktop.  Do you have Windows 10?  Did you download the Power BI App by mistake?

I got PowerBI a while ago and used it to create a couple dashboards and look at shared ones. Now that I had that need again I couldn't find the Get Data button

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your screenshot wasn't from the Power BI desktop.  I think you are using the Power BI App from the App Store.  This isn't the same thing.  The Power BI App is for consuming only.

That is definitely the mobile app. Not the same thing as Power BI Desktop at all.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @stpetrov,

Have you tried the suggestions provided above? Does it work in your scenario? If it works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

GetData.PNG

Or here, in Excel 2016:

Get Data button in Excel 2016.png

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Or here in the online service.

GetDataOnline.PNG

stpetrov

It should be A LOT more obvious how to import my data.

If for some reason I don't get to import data then the button MUST still be there, disabled and with a message telling my why it's disabled, so I don't click around like crazy, not knowing if I just can't find it or if it's disabled

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors