Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gz7g6b

I don't see New Group when I click on a field.

I don't see New Group when I click on a field. According to some forums it should be there.

7 REPLIES 7
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @gz7g6b,

Could you please share us some screenshots about your issue if possible? Your description is not clear enough for me.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Am I supposed to see a New Group selection?Am I supposed to see a New Group selection?

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @gz7g6b

Are you using Power BI Desktop (as opposed to the web service), and if so, what version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Desktop 2.38.4491.642.  Thanks.

What I'm trying to do is group values within a field.  When I went out to Youtube, the solutions showed a New Group selection when I click on a field.  However, I don't see that when I click on a field.  All I see is what I posted in the picture above.  I'll accept any solution that allows me to group values within a field.

Hi @gz7g6b,

In your scenario, did you mean that you could not see this New Group option in all columns of your datasets? Or just servral specific columns?

What's your Power BI desktop version? You can check the version in File -> Help -> About. In my Power BI desktop( Version: 2.55.5010.521 64-bit (February 2018) ), the New Group works fine.

If you are using the prior version, try to update your Power BI desktop to the newer one. See if this resolve your issue. And if you are using the latest version and your issue persists. Could you please share us your pbix file with OneDrive if possible? So that we can look into it.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Desktop 2.38.4491.642.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.