Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CA
Frequent Visitor

I'd like clarification on some expected functionalities (three questions)

1) When I pin a Dashboard, I noticed that I can't right click my Visuals to 'See Records'. I can drill down in my reports section but not the Dashboard where my users will be accessing. Is that expected functionality?

2) I have a Doughnut Visual that counts different tickets and their "Status", and a Table Visual that will list the ticket summaries and provide a hyperlink. When I click the Doughnut for say "Open" tickets, the Table will show/filter all Open tickets and the respective hyperlinks. When I click a hyperlink, the table will highlight that specific row and the table resets to showing all tickets instead of just the "Open" ones. If a User wants to click multiple hyperlinks for their desired Status, they'll need to click the Doughnut, click one link in the table, and go back and forth repeatedly. Is this expected functionality or is there some setting I'm missing? I tried ctrl-clicking the hyperlinks but it still causes the Table to unfilter itself.

3) Similar to the above, I have two Visuals (Doughnut and Stacked Bar) that filter different ticket attributes and show all tickets in a third Visual (Table). I noticed when there's only one "Status" type in either of the first two Visuals (so say the Stacked Bar only shows "Open" tickets), that I can't click on it and have the Table Visual display the all the "Open tickets. If I have the Stacked Bar show Open and Closed tickets, then I can click on that Visual and also see the Table Visual update with all the Open and Closed tickets. Is this expected functionality?

Answers to any of my scenarios/questions above would be appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CA,

1. Yes, a dashboard is more of a high level view of something specific that you want to monitor. So the information can be monitored at a glance. If you want to see more details about report, you need to drill down. Please review this article: Dashbord vs report.

2. I guess you create a table review rather than table visual. You need to use a table visual, It work fine as I tested. I create a table visual and Doughnut visual as follows.

2.PNG

When I click Math, it filter and return correspond row, when I click the link in table, it still work fine.

1.PNG

3. Please use table visual. If you still have the probem, you'd better share your .pbix file for further analysis.

Thanks,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CA,

1. Yes, a dashboard is more of a high level view of something specific that you want to monitor. So the information can be monitored at a glance. If you want to see more details about report, you need to drill down. Please review this article: Dashbord vs report.

2. I guess you create a table review rather than table visual. You need to use a table visual, It work fine as I tested. I create a table visual and Doughnut visual as follows.

2.PNG

When I click Math, it filter and return correspond row, when I click the link in table, it still work fine.

1.PNG

3. Please use table visual. If you still have the probem, you'd better share your .pbix file for further analysis.

Thanks,
Angelia

Thanks. Apparently all those issues were caused because I was using Table Preview instead of the previous Table version. The Dashboard vs Report view also helped cleared up the first question. Thanks, and much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.