Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rowana
Regular Visitor

I cannot see a toolbar

Hi, How do you know what Power Bi option you have? I don't seem to have the toolbar at which is shown across the top of screen in all the training videos. 

Thanks

Rowana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rowana

The screenshot shows a report in Power BI Service not in Power BI Desktop.

Could you show a screenshot of what you have seen from the videos which you think your Desktop should have?

Why you wonder if the desktop has been installed properly, what's wrong with your desktop currently?

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rowana

Does “toolbar” refer to this?

4.png

Currentlly, you are seeing this, right?

6.png

Look at the top right corner, when click on “down arrow” next to “Juan Li”, it will show the toolbar.

5.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie, thanks it does refer to the toolbar but I am not seeing this. I am not sure I have the correct power bi desktop installed. print screen.jpg

Please note that I realised this morning that I have signed in under another name but I should be signing in under another work login with the same address. Under this account- same email address,  I have the license for power bi professional but I don't know if it has been installed properly.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Rowana

Hi @Rowana

The screenshot shows a report in Power BI Service not in Power BI Desktop.

Could you show a screenshot of what you have seen from the videos which you think your Desktop should have?

Why you wonder if the desktop has been installed properly, what's wrong with your desktop currently?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie, thanks, you have answered my question. It is power BI Service which I am seeing then and not desktop. It is not clear on this screen that it is power bi service. Perhaps it would be useful if this was made clearer.

Thanks again for your help.  I will speak to my IT as I had understood that they had installed everything

Have a great day

Best Regards

Rowana

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.