Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmaggart

I cannot login to Power BI

Help someone, please.

I am experiencing the same thing posted by others. I try to login to Power Bi and am told that it doesn't recognize the account or password. I reset the password - so the account is valid. But then I get the same message.

Power BI1.jpg

So, lets try a new account. Then I'm told that the email already exists.

Power BI2.jpg

Let's change the password again. Maybe that'll work.

Power BI3.jpg

Now we can login, right? Wrong. Back to step 1.

Can someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got resolution on this. Turns out that the company I work for had us registered with another login, somehow referencing my email address. I had to login with the other username which solved the problem.

So, other people who have experienced this same issue, please check with your IT department to see if you need to login with another login (that you have no idea exists). That's what solved it for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slee
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem.  Keep going in a loop in trying to solve the issue by resetting password and being told that my user id does not exist; trying to create a new account and told that my account already exist.  My Power BI account has been working over the last few months and up to yesterday.  Just started getting the issue today when I tried to publish to Power BI service.  Appreciate any advice as the Microsoft online help keeps pointing me to office365 (and not to Power BI)  and provides no resolution.  Thank you.

I have the exact same problem. Someone solved this problem?

kmaggart

So I tried recovering the account and am told it's not recognized.

Power BI4.jpg

Click on the Sign up and I get:

Power BI2.jpg

Jeez! Make up your mind Microsoft!

Hi @kmaggart,

Do you use your personal email account or your work email? Power BI requires that you use a work, or school, email address to sign up. Power BI does not support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. This includes outlook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com and others. And there is a idea, you can also vote it.

If you sign up an Power BI account? If your account is a work account, please ask the IT Admin if you have the license? Please review the article: Signing up for Power BI as an individual.

You also can following the vedio: Power BI License Assignment.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I got resolution on this. Turns out that the company I work for had us registered with another login, somehow referencing my email address. I had to login with the other username which solved the problem.

So, other people who have experienced this same issue, please check with your IT department to see if you need to login with another login (that you have no idea exists). That's what solved it for me.

Hi @kmaggart,

Congratulations, you have resolved your issue, Please mark the helpful and right reply as answer, so more people will benefit from here.

Best Regard,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.