Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Karlie69
Regular Visitor

I can't see the data in Power BI, in the database - yes

Hope this post was posted in the appropriate section.

I have a query with several union all. In each subquery, I have a column called DATATYPE (Budget, Reserved, Invoiced).

One subquery is for budget (2015-2021). I added another union all because the budget for 2022 refers to a different view in the database (Oracle). And while in the database I see budget values for 2022, when I load this query into Power BI, I still only have values for 2015-2021 (of course, I refreshed the data more than once).

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? 🙂 I can see data for 2015-2022 in the database without any problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, it's almost certainly something to do with the security on the SQL database. At a guess some SQL RLS is kicking in.

When you connect to the view directly in oracle sql are you using the same logins as power bi? 

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Karlie69
Regular Visitor

No, unfortunately I have an empty table then

Ok, it's almost certainly something to do with the security on the SQL database. At a guess some SQL RLS is kicking in.

When you connect to the view directly in oracle sql are you using the same logins as power bi? 

Ben Dobbs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Karlie69
Regular Visitor

The data doesn't even appear in Power Query.

I was also wondering about the date format, but in the other "union all" the format is the same and everything is displayed correctly in Power BI.

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Is data not showing in a visual or is it not appearing if you go directly and look at the table view?

Wondering if you have an issue with your date table.

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

If you simplify it and just connect directly to the 2022 view do you get any data back?

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Yes, I use the same. But you're right, it could have something to do with the 2022 view link. I'll check it out tomorrow at work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.