Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidestg
Helper I
Helper I

I can't refresh data when I have 2 connections SQL and HTTP without credentials

I have a report with 2 connections: 

1. SQL through Gateway runs ok
  2. HTTP with embeeded credentials in the URL

When I try automatic refresh, appears an error that need credentials for one origin of data. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidestg

Have you added two data source to the gateway and configured the Data source credentials in the Dataset Settings page ?

Can you refresh them successfully in the desktop?

Please check if the credentials are both correct.

For SQL, you should make sure the server name and database name same as those used in Desktop and connect to SQL server via Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with the credential used to connect the gateway.

Which web source do you use, is it a Web API data source? How about changing the authentication type?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft

The SQL connection is not the problem, because in other power bi I don't have problems and are correctly configurated in Data Gateway. 

The issue is about HTTP connection (from the desktop I don't have problems), but I can't configure the connection in the Data Gateway because the credentials is a paremater of the public url: www.myserver.com/issues.json?key=MY_KEY_CREDENTIALS and isn't a connection with classic user/password. 

I'd tried to select anonimous credentials (to use the parameter in the link web page) or specific parameters and any both solutions runs. 

BR

David

Hi all, somone to help me? 

Hi @davidestg

I can't reproduce your problem, after researching, I find a similar issue sloved.

Please refer to this to see if it can help you.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.