Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't open my save documents

Hello, I am having some trouble with my Power BI desktop application. The problem is every time I close out Power BI on a file I can no longer access that file.  At first, I thought it was just some file connections or some files that made it go bad, but that's not the case even if I make a blank document with nothing in it and just save its name I can't access it. This seems crazy but it did update itself yesterday, but I doubt that caused a problem. Can someone please help me:

Things to note:

a. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with office pro-2019
b. Windows 10 Pro OS

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually install the December version of PBI and it works Fine, Idk why this update stinks but just use the December update

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WRende
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem, I think it is due to a PowerBI desktop update.

I cant open any report anymore, even the simple one's (Entered Data or Excel data only) get this crash.

I tried many things but none of them worked:

• Reinstall PowerBI Desktop
  • Rename Reports
  • Redownload Reports from PowerBI Service
  • Kill all PowerBI processes
  • Restart PC

I hope they will resolve this issue soon.

PS: Also tried saving a blank report, got the same error on opening it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually install the December version of PBI and it works Fine, Idk why this update stinks but just use the December update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for finding a solution to power bi desktop. You write that if we download December version, then the problem will disappear. How do I choose the December version, because it doesn't allow me when I download in Microsoft store.

Best

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it give you an error message or simply not load? If it's the latter, I had that issue a few days ago. What I did was open Task manager and force stop all Power BI applications that for one reason or another were running in the background. the next time I tried to load a file it took a LOT longer than usual but each time since has been immediate. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says this:

Pwoer BI.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you manage to solve the problem?

Best

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.