Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jinharbour
Regular Visitor

I can't keep a continuous X-axis with a date hierarchy drill down

I'm trying to make a dashboard that fits all data without using a horizontal scroll bar. After looking through other forum entries, I realized I just need the x-axis to be continuous and the data is fitted to the screen rather than stretched out.

I am also trying to keep a hiearchy of dates so that users can drilldown (from year, to month, to day, to hour). At the highest level of a hiearchy, I can change the x-axis type from categorical to continuous. However, if I drilldown, the"type" dropdown menu for the graphic disappears, and the drilled down graphic is stretched out if there are too many entries (in this case at the "day" level and beyond) 

I can not figure out why/how to switch the drilled down graphic to a continuous axis, rather than categorical.

If anyone has tips on how to achieve the same ends through different means I am open to suggestions. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
terenceltl

Try the method in this wonderful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hilfglpKNRQ

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jinharbour 

Please kindly share more info/captures about your question. You might consider creating a pbix file that will contain some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.