Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't change filter in 'Visual level filters'

There is a filter that I need to add a condition but when I try to click on drop down pil it doesn't work and does't show othat options(contain, is, is not blank,...)

Any suggestion how can I do it?

filter.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved the issue by changing the measure in tabular.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I resolved the issue by changing the measure in tabular.

Eagle77, 

Please explain what you mean. I seem to have the same issue, but don't know how to apply your solution.

Thanks.

Running into the same problem, 1.5 year later. Did you manage to figure it out yourself and can you please guide me?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

When i add a measure into a card or a gauge chart, it can't change the "visual level filter" as you meet.

It is a known limitation currently.

Best Regards

Maggie

luapdoniv
Resolver II
Resolver II

Check the format of the column or measure you are keeping in the filter. Only "Text" formats have thos options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send  a screenshot? Thank you 🙂

Screenshot_1.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @luapdoniv  .

The system I'm working with is based on facts and dimensions views on SQL server and tabulars in Visual studio which reading data from them. My reports are connected to the tabular models. In report I don't have those options you showed:

filter2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing more that I noticed, I have two tables in my report. In one of the tables I can change the condition and define it but not in the other table in the same report and same page.'Total' is a measure:

filter3.PNGfilter.PNG

You are on PBI desktop right? Please provide full screenshot including the visual you are on and the fileds and visualization panes. Mask any data which is confidential.

Anonymous
Not applicable

filter5.PNG

Nothing much I can make out from that. Is this Total, you are keeping on the visual filter a measure or a column. Either case, what is the format of it. Text or Number?

Please share your screenshot with the visual you are trying to put up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.