Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cparker4486
Helper III
Helper III

I can only see data when in the Query Editor

Hello,

I'm trying to connect with Dynamics CRM Online. I can login and use the Query Editor and even see preview data. If I remove collumns I get even more preview data (as expected.)

When I click Close & Apply I'm taken out of the QE and I see the progress animation of data being downloaded. I haven't sat and watched the whole thing but I think it gets into the 200MB range (I'm connecting to just a single table by the way). I don't expect this to be a dataset size that Power BI cannot handle.

Once the download is finished everything looks normal until I actually try to make a chart. Nothing happens. When I go to Data view there is only one empty record. Clicking Refresh goes through the motions of loading data (I can watch the download counter rise.) But when it's finished, there's still no data in the Data view.

I've started over multiple times but I always get the same result: no data.

What is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
pqian
Employee
Employee

@cparker4486 Hmm...That means the data load failed? But you should see a failure message if that's the case. Maybe a bug?

One thing to try first: In the queries editor, select Keep Top Rows.., and load the first 200 rows. See if that works?

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, now that I'm back in to the QE and hit Refresh (I did this because it said the data might be 2 days old [not sure how that's possible because I just re-did this file this morning]) it gave me a 404.

This used to work fine but I've seen this 404 error recently too. Maybe they are related... I've never had a problem connecting to the data but if I go away for too long I'll get the 404. I'm guessing it has to do with a session timeout but I don't know how to re-authenticate. Closing and reopening doesn't prompt me for credentials again.

DataSource.NotFound: OData: Request failed (404): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Details:
https://XXXXX.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/AccountSet?$select=AccountClassificationCode,AccountId,AccountNumber,AccountRatingCode,Address1_AddressTypeCode,Address1_City,Address1_Composite,Address1_Country,Address1_County,Address1_Fax,Address1_FreightTermsCode,Address1_Line1,Address1_Line2,Address1_Line3,Address1_Name,Address1_PostalCode,Address1_PostOfficeBox,Address1_PrimaryContactName,Address1_ShippingMethodCode,Address1_StateOrProvince,Address1_Telephone1,Address1_Telephone2,Address1_Telephone3,Address1_UTCOffset,xx_account_lead_Account,xx_account_orderTrackers,xx_account_project_account,xx_AssistantLeader,xx_athena_arcamount,xx_athena_arcamount_Base,xx_athena_arccontractexpiration,xx_athena_latchamount,xx_athena_latchamount_Base,xx_athena_latchcontractexpiration,xx_athena_latchmoduleshosted,xx_ATHENA_LEAPAmount,xx_athena_leapamount_Base,xx_athena_leapcontractexpiration,xx_athena_openpo,xx_athena_openpoexpiration,xx_ATHENA_program_ARC,xx_ATHENA_program_LATCH,xx_ATHENA_program_LEAP,xx_ATHENA_program_STAR,xx_athena_staramount,xx_athena_staramount_Base,xx_athena_starcontractexpiration,xx_Channel,xx_contact_account_ProgramARCContact,xx_contact_account_ProgramLATCHContact,xx_contact_account_ProgramLEAPContact,xx_contact_account_ProgramSTARContact,xx_CurrentEquipment,xx_CustomerChannel,xx_CustomerClass,xx_dept_spe_air,xx_dept_spe_bike,xx_dept_spe_bomb,xx_dept_spe_dare,xx_dept_spe_drug,xx_dept_spe_gang,xx_dept_spe_great,xx_dept_spe_homicide,xx_dept_spe_k9,xx_dept_spe_motorcycle,xx_dept_spe_school,xx_dept_spe_swat,xx_dept_spe_vice,xx_dept_spe_water,xx_dossier_BudgetCurrentYear,xx_dossier_budgetcurrentyear_Base,xx_dossier_BudgetPreviousYear,xx_dossier_budgetpreviousyear_Base,xx_dossier_BudgetTwoYearsAgo,xx_dossier_budgettwoyearsago_Base,xx_dossier_county,xx_dossier_FiscalYearEnd,xx_dossier_KeyProductsUsed,xx_dossier_NonSwornEmployees,xx_dossier_PotentialClients,xx_dossier_proddoc01,xx_dossier_proddoc02,xx_dossier_proddoc03,xx_dossier_proddoc04,xx_dossier_proddoc05,xx_dossier_proddoc06,xx_dossier_proddoc07,xx_dossier_proddoc08,xx_dossier_proddoc09,xx_dossier_proddoc10,xx_dossier_ProductApproval1,xx_dossier_ProductApproval10,xx_dossier_ProductApproval2,xx_dossier_ProductApproval3,xx_dossier_ProductApproval4,xx_dossier_ProductApproval5,xx_dossier_ProductApproval6,xx_dossier_ProductApproval7,xx_dossier_ProductApproval8,xx_dossier_ProductApproval9,xx_dossier_strategicobj01,xx_dossier_strategicobj02,xx_dossier_strategicobj03,xx_dossier_strategicobj04,xx_dossier_strategicobj05,xx_dossier_SwornEmployees,xx_dossier_TotalEmployees,xx_dossier_TotalOffices,xx_DoTheyHaveContractWithUs,xx_LastContact,xx_Notes,xx_OpenOrderCount,xx_OpenOrderCount_Date,xx_OpenOrderCount_State,xx_OriginalCreateDate,xx_OriginalCreator,xx_OriginalEditDate,xx_OriginalLastEditedBy,xx_OtherContacts,xx_PrimaryMarketingArea,xx_programarccontact,xx_programlatchcontact,xx_ProgramLEAPContact,xx_programstarcontact,xx_ShipComplete,xx_sum_offcrs,xx_TaxSchedule,xx_Team,xx_TeamLeader,xx_WhereDoTheyBuyFrom,CreatedBy,CreatedOn,CreatedOnBehalfBy,DefaultPriceLevelId,Description,DoNotBulkEMail,DoNotBulkPostalMail,DoNotEMail,DoNotFax,DoNotPhone,DoNotPostalMail,DoNotSendMM,EMailAddress1,Fax,LastUsedInCampaign,Merged,ModifiedBy,ModifiedOn,Name,NumberOfEmployees,OwnerId,OwningTeam,OwningUser,ParentAccountId,PaymentTermsCode,po_LastActivity,po_LastActivityDate,PrimaryContactId,ShippingMethodCode,SIC,StateCode,StatusCode,Telephone1,Telephone2,territory_accounts,TerritoryCode,TerritoryId,WebSiteURL&$top=1000

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.