Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DDWoods
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to get inventory to reflect as used when seen throughout a report.

DDWoods_1-1668804712218.png

I want to be able to get inventory to reflect what is being used. So the next lines should be 25 , 23, 22 , and so on<<

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@DDWoods Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

1apple31815
2orange12019
3grape4106
4apple21513
5orange51914
6peaches132
7mangos374
8apple6137
9grape761

@Greg here is an example in data text of what I am trying to accomplish. As I go down my table to able to stock levels reduce. Example is apples in the table. 

Hi @DDWoods ,

What's your final expected result? Could you please provide some special examples to explain it base on provided sample data? Do you want to get a visual to display the inventory change or something else? It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft basically I'm trying to get inventory to reflect as it used from earlier dates for different items. The final result I'm trying to achieve is seeing how many complete orders I have and what I need to make other orders complete. I will try to load a PBI file late to get visual to what I am saying . 

Hi @DDWoods ,

Looking forward to your reply and sample pbix file, please exclude the sensitive info in the shared file before share. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.