Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GenericUser1
Helper I
Helper I

I am getting a 'access to resource is forbidden'

Anyone know how to handle this error? I am connecting to CRM(ticketing system) through an oDatafeed, however, this isn't a data problem I don't think. It's a problem with power BI as I have the access I need for CRM. Anyone know what's up with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to be pretty hard to diagnose with such a vague description.  Typically a message like that indicates that something does not have access rights.  This could be related to the connection credentials used, the port being used, whether the server only allows connections from a whitelist and your machine is not on that list.  So many reasons could cause this.

I can see the tables that I need and I've applied several steps in power query. But when I add more applied steps are done, that error pops up? The error pops up after a few changes have been made not right from the beginning as I suspect would be the case if I didn't have access to it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an SME for the source system you can consult?  Do they have some sort of security or load shedding policy that might be seeing all the connections you have been registering and it might have blocked your access after so many successive attempts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.