Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing issues in Datamodeling in Power BI

I am having dataset created. here i need to create new relationship between two tables. Inbetween these two tables there is a common column but i cannot create realtionship make the relation ship active.  Getting cardiinality issues asking to remove other relationships to active this relationship. but i required those relations ships as well. What is need to do here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

In Power BI, a table can't have multiple active relationships to the same table. Workarounds for this is to duplicate that table or use DAX function USERELATIONSHIP()

Details in this article: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-userelationship-in-dax/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

In case do not want to use dax to include inactive relationship, you could create a bridge table with Distinct or Summarize depends on your requirement.

Vpazhenmsft_0-1634780954965.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to create a new dimension table with unique values convering the range of values for the common field in both tables. You then create a one-to-mamny relationship between the field in the new dimension table and the corresponding fields in each fact table. Use the dimension field in measures, filters, slicers and visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

In Power BI, a table can't have multiple active relationships to the same table. Workarounds for this is to duplicate that table or use DAX function USERELATIONSHIP()

Details in this article: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-userelationship-in-dax/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.