cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink

Hi all,

I'm nearly new to PBI and normaly I'm working with QlikView (worlds between the 2 tools).

Since 2 days I have read solutions in the net, but nothing works 😞 So I ask the community.

I have a problem to find the first- and lastdate in filtered (also with slicer) data.

I have tried FIRSTDATE, MIN, CALCULATE, and so on.

What I get is the first- and lastdate from all data, not from the filtered values!

I have to create a hyperlink (for external report) which have these dates as parameter.

And I also have seen that only a calculated column can be a hyperlink (I wonder why!)Unbenannt.PNG

Please help, time is running out.

Greetings from Germany

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Hyperlink

@RobertM,

Check if the following DAX return your expected result. If not, please post your desired result.

FirstDate = CALCULATE(MIN('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))
LastDate = CALCULATE(MAX('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@RobertM,

Create the following measures using DAX below.

FirstDate = FIRSTDATE(Table12[ChangedDate])
LastDate = LASTDATE(Table12[ChangedDate])

Then create a column using the following formula and check if you get expected result. However we are not able to set web URL for measure, this is expected behavior.

Column = "http://anysite" & "&" & "FromDate=" &[LastDate]& "&" & "ToDate=" & [LastDate]

If the above steps don't help, please elaborate details about your requirement.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi

thank you for your reply, but it doesn't work 😞

I have only one table named Calendar:

Calendar.PNG

In the next screen you can also see the measures and calculated column:

Test.PNG

But if I select a periode the FirstDate is right, but the LastDate is equal to the FirstDate???

Also see the effect in the grid...

Waiting for response...

Best regards

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@RobertM,

Check if the following DAX return your expected result. If not, please post your desired result.

FirstDate = CALCULATE(MIN('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))
LastDate = CALCULATE(MAX('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))

Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

this works perfect!

Why must we make such tricks?

Thank you so much.

Regards

Robert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors