Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RobertM
Frequent Visitor

Hyperlink

Hi all,

I'm nearly new to PBI and normaly I'm working with QlikView (worlds between the 2 tools).

Since 2 days I have read solutions in the net, but nothing works 😞 So I ask the community.

I have a problem to find the first- and lastdate in filtered (also with slicer) data.

I have tried FIRSTDATE, MIN, CALCULATE, and so on.

What I get is the first- and lastdate from all data, not from the filtered values!

I have to create a hyperlink (for external report) which have these dates as parameter.

And I also have seen that only a calculated column can be a hyperlink (I wonder why!)Unbenannt.PNG

Please help, time is running out.

Greetings from Germany

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RobertM,

Check if the following DAX return your expected result. If not, please post your desired result.

FirstDate = CALCULATE(MIN('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))
LastDate = CALCULATE(MAX('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@RobertM,

Create the following measures using DAX below.

FirstDate = FIRSTDATE(Table12[ChangedDate])
LastDate = LASTDATE(Table12[ChangedDate])

Then create a column using the following formula and check if you get expected result. However we are not able to set web URL for measure, this is expected behavior.

Column = "http://anysite" & "&" & "FromDate=" &[LastDate]& "&" & "ToDate=" & [LastDate]

If the above steps don't help, please elaborate details about your requirement.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

thank you for your reply, but it doesn't work 😞

I have only one table named Calendar:

Calendar.PNG

In the next screen you can also see the measures and calculated column:

Test.PNG

But if I select a periode the FirstDate is right, but the LastDate is equal to the FirstDate???

Also see the effect in the grid...

Waiting for response...

Best regards

@RobertM,

Check if the following DAX return your expected result. If not, please post your desired result.

FirstDate = CALCULATE(MIN('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))
LastDate = CALCULATE(MAX('calendar'[ReportDate]),ALLEXCEPT('calendar','calendar'[PeriodType]))

Regards,

Hi,

this works perfect!

Why must we make such tricks?

Thank you so much.

Regards

Robert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.