Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

revansh
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hyperlink

Hi All,

I have two columns in my table.

Column1 : News heading

Column2:  A URL link which when clicked opens detail page releated to column1.

In my report :  I just want to list Column1(new heading) with hyperlink.  When user clicks on Column1 value, it should open its corresponding URL page.

Table :

Column1    column2

Apple          www.apple.com

Google        www.google.com

powerbi       www.powerbi.com

report:

I want add a scroller on column1 with hyperlinks. when a user clicks on apple it should point to aaple.com.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @revansh, I'm not aware of a way to do this in Power BI. The closest method I've found is to put both columns into a table, and change the formatting of column 2 to set the "URL icon" feature to ON. This then shows a small link icon in column 2, instead of the web url itself. Users can click on the link icon to open the URL.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @revansh, I'm not aware of a way to do this in Power BI. The closest method I've found is to put both columns into a table, and change the formatting of column 2 to set the "URL icon" feature to ON. This then shows a small link icon in column 2, instead of the web url itself. Users can click on the link icon to open the URL.

Hi JaredK,

Can i show the small link icon in a scrollingtextvisual.

Thanks

Hi @revansh, instead of going for a custom visual you can opt for Text box and embed a link in that. The Textbox appears under the Insert section of Home ribbon in Power BI. You can go through the following steps : 

1. Select the text box from the Insert section
2. Type in, for e.g : Click here to go to next page
3. Select any word to which you want to apply link, in this case I'll select "here"
4. Click on Insert link icon
5. Type the url and say done
6. Publish the report to the service and click on the link

Here's a snapshot of what I did,TextBox when published  on Power BI ServiceTextBox when published on Power BI ServiceOn Power BI Desktop, at the time of giving link to a specific wordOn Power BI Desktop, at the time of giving link to a specific word

On Power BI Desktop, at the time of giving link to a specific wordOn Power BI Desktop, at the time of giving link to a specific word

Hello @revansh ,  

If this was helpful, please promote this as a solution.  

Thanks,  

Renu KS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the link icon is only an option in tables. I'm not aware of a way to use hyperlinks in scrolling visuals. Is this a custom visual?

yes, It is a custom visual.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.