Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

barbforsman
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hyperlink from PBI Report to Dynamics 365 record

I am trying to provide a URL link from a Power BI Report directly to a record in Dynamics 365.  I'm working from CRM Tip of the Day #782 and have created this hyperlink:

Order Link = "https://myorgname.crm.dynamics.com/CRMReports/viewer/drillopen.aspx?ID={” & salesorder[salesorderid] & “}&LogicalName=salesorder"

I set the Data Category to Web URL, but when I click on the link I get 

"Error

An error has occurred.

Try this action again.  If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Community for solutions......"

What have I done wrong in my hyperlink?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @barbforsman,

Could you have access to the Dynamice 365 Web page with this Hyperlink in Browser directly? You could try it.

In addition, you could have a reference of this article Drill into CRM records from Power BI

Try this action again.  If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Community for solutions......"

You 'd better get the support from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Community.

Best regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mhernandez77
Frequent Visitor

Hey there,

Were you able to identify the cause of the issue with the hyperlink? I am having the same problem. I have read and follow the instructions on both articles cited in the thread but I'm still not able to get the link to work. I changed the category to URL. I am working off a custom entity. here's my code:

Hyperlink issue.PNGHyperlink Error.PNG

I started using the PowerQuery (M) Builder to pull in my data from CRM to Power BI.  It has an option to "Add Record URL" that works nicely.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @barbforsman,

Could you have access to the Dynamice 365 Web page with this Hyperlink in Browser directly? You could try it.

In addition, you could have a reference of this article Drill into CRM records from Power BI

You 'd better get the support from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Community.

Best regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.