Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hosznyak

Hungarian subregions on ArcGIS maps

Hi!

If it possible to find the dictionary table of the hungarian ArcGIS subregions? I have 4 subregions which failed to locate and 2 subregions which combinate in one subregions with closest match. If I choose exact match (most accurate) feature, most of the subregions failed to locate.

Thx

András

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @hosznyak,

What subregions cannot be analysed? Have you test with other map visuals?

BTW, it will be help if you share us some sample data or pbix file to test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng!

You find a sample PowerBI file and the source XLSX files here: https://github.com/hosznyak/powerbi_problem

In Hungary there are two subregions system:

1. subregion (called kisterseg), which was valid until 2013-12-31 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subregions_of_Hungary)
  2. district (called jaras), which is valid from 2014-01-01 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Districts_of_Hungary)

I would definitely like to use the ArcGIS map because of its functionality, but it doesn't matter for me if subregion (called kisterseg) or district (called jaras) data are displayed, because I've data for each one. The ArcGIS district category is not the same the district (called jaras) category. In ArcGIS district is the town boundaries, and it is works well with a town list.

In the PBIX file you see 6 examples:

1. ArcGIS - kisterseg as subregion with closest match - 4 subregion is missing (Kapuvár-Beled, Sopron-Fertőd, Ibrány-Nagyhalász, Abaúj-Hegyköz) and merge the subregion Ercsi and Encsi
  2. ArcGIS - kisterseg as subregion with exact match
  3. Bing - kisterseg as location
  4. ArcGIS - jaras as subregion with closest match
  5. ArcGIS - jaras as subregion with exact match
  6. Bing - jaras as location

Best regards,

András

HI @hosznyak,

Based on your sample file, it seems like arcgis map can't accurate located by your column.

For your scenario, I'd like to suggest you add latitude and longitude information or use more detail region description to help arcgis map locate more accurately.

BTW, you can also contact to arcgis support to know how to locate more accurate and deal with failed located data.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi!

Thank you for the feedback.

In the ArcGIS map, it is not possible to specify a location and a coordinate at the same time, because in this case only the coordinate data is displayed as points.

The ArcGIS support will be the next step for me.

Best regards,

András

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.