Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you solve this problem?

Hey guys,

I'll try to explain this situation as detailed as possible. 

I get a lot of daily data from an API that's related to production machines. There are 3 shifts (an early shift, a late shift and a night shift). Each shift needs to complete an inspection per day. On some machines only 2 inspections per day are required (so they are a special case which needs to be considered)

The daily data consists of events that happened at each machine. Some of those events are inspections.

Basically, I want to check if each shift completed their inspection. If they need to do 3 inspections and they do 3 inspections then they are at 100%.

But sometimes there are 3 inspection events in the early shift and 0 inspection events in the late and night shift.

So overall there are 3 inspection events but all in the same shift so the result should be 33% because every shift needs to do at least 1.

It is possible to see in which shift an event occured.

Sometimes a shift is not producing. We need to take this into account as well because if they are not producing they don't need to do an inspection. 

How would you tie this all together in DAX? So that my overall result will be an accurate representation of reality with nothing left out?

How would you do this in DAX?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous 

you could make four columns , 

first three are your shifts,  fourth column is your result 

you could do a simple tally  for if an inspection is compleat.

if a shift is compleat, put a 1 , if incompleat, 0 

for the fourth column you can simply add the first three and devide by 3 to get a percent complete. 

hope this helps, 

Collin

Anonymous
Not applicable

It needs to be checked for 20 machines. I think I can't do it this way?

And it should be done in such a way that I can easily calculate the MTD result as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

every row would be one machine you could even add a column for the name or title of each station,  what is your MTD??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Month to date result,

So basically this needs to be checked for every machine every day and then out of these daily values I need to be able to calculate a month to date completion percentage

would you still do it with those columns then? if yes, how would you do this exactly? new table or how?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.