Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KA95
Helper III
Helper III

How would I format a matrix table with different date filters?

Hi there,

I have a simple matrix table that counts user id's that are active within a date filter which are then counted by a specific category (gold, silver, and bronze), here is the example below:

KA95_0-1654642766854.png

However, I want to make it so it has different date row columns, for example, like below:

KA95_1-1654642850601.png

I currently have a simple count measure for the ID's (the value in the table) that is being used called (User Count). I tried to implement a measure that counts the User ID's in the last 30 days of [active_date] to match the first row column but that didn't work. Is there any way this is acheivable? 

I'm just hoping someone could point me in the right direction because I'm stuck on this one I'm afraid. Will I have to create several different measures for each row column on the left hand side? And how would I do it so it can fit in correctly? Or is there an easier way to do it completely? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KA95 ,

Please enable the "Switch values to rows" option in Format visual.

vkkfmsft_0-1654846364550.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KA95 , You have to create the measure of what you have on the rows. And You can use "show on row" in matrix visual. I doubt you can show the total before.

You can also explore calculation groups

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Hi @amitchandak 

Thank you for the reply, so is there a chance I can move a measure like this on a row column? 

Last 30 days =
CALCULATE (
[User Count],
DATESINPERIOD ( 'Candidate Activity'[active_date], MAX ( 'Candidate Activity'[active_date] ), -30, DAY )
)

Currently this is the only way I can format it: 

KA95_0-1654676178254.png

Is there no way I can have this on the left hand side like in my drawing example? 

Hi @KA95 ,

Please enable the "Switch values to rows" option in Format visual.

vkkfmsft_0-1654846364550.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much @v-kkf-msft that worked a treat! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.