Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to work with MongoDB nested tables in Power BI

in my case, I import data from MongoDB which has nested tables in each record because of this whenever I import the data into power bi I am facing issues with this data format and building analytics on this data. Is there a way to work with nested tables in tested tables in power bi?Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , At the end each column, you have those expand sign. Use them and expand the data

refer if needed

How to import JSON Data: https://youtu.be/MPYfEetvFH4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak thanks for your response previously I have done it but I have gone expanding there are so many records for each record the same columns are repeating. As I can say for one record i have 3 columns and for 10 records it is 30 columns like this I am not able to analyze this.

Hi @Anonymous 

Table will be expand by row, for example, if you have 3 rows for this table field, and this table contains 3 rows, you will get 3*3 row when you expand.

Here is a blog about how to work with a List, Record, or Table structured column (Power Query). I hope it could help you solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.