Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to visualize sales on Map vizualisation

Hello guys,

How can i , based on the datamodel, visualize the sales data by Country?

I still don't get it what i did wrong based on the following images. Thank you for your help!

ErrorErrorTabel ISOTabel ISOTabel SalesTabel SalesModelModel

9 REPLIES 9
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As Excelside said, the map visual also works on my side.(I only drag the country and value to map visual. Country to location field, value to size field)
I think the issue may related to your datasource, share us a sample file will help for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

i am not able to use Dropbox for sharing this application. Is it ok to publish this app in Power BI Service and share application (with a url) with you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

please check the following url for the application "Sales with Geo insights":

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMzY0Y2ZjMDYtNWQ5OS00ZWRlLTk5ZWUtZmEzZmQ1MDE3MzhhIiwidCI6IjVjY...

You can see that the visualization map in the Power BI web environment appeared but not in my Power BI Desktop...

Hello,

I just checked your url. I suggest please check the result, because is it wrong. I.e. Germany appears in South-America or Denmark in Australia. 

As other suggested above, you use only the country field. I tried and it's work. 

If you have any question about it, please share your pbix file or we cannot help you.

Thank you,

Tamas

Hi @Anonymous

Have you tried to remove either country or Latitude/longitude ? I am not sure Power BI Desktop accepts both.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Datatouille,

Yes i tried to remove country and/or latitude/longitude but still got these following result

2017-02-07 11_31_34-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

That is strange because it works for me.

Can you share the pbix file please ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i add a pbix application in this post?

Yes upload on Dropbox for example 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.