Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mina_Saad
Frequent Visitor

How to use the value of totals of the table

table.JPG

I have the attached Table and i want to insert visual that use the value of  totals of the table as [Y-Axis] and the [x-axis] is the hours from [0 to 23]
how can i do this ?

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mina_Saad,

Does the table visual data is from Data tab table like below?

q4.PNG

As the X axis is value from 0 to 23, what's the corresponding Y axis values for each x axis value. The totals are 1051,1578,2215,4793,10549,15216,13312 and -4964, how these values match with x axis value. Please show us the desired output. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello v-qiuyu-msft,
Please be informed that the below table is the relation between Time (X-axis) represented in hours [from 0 to 23), and the (Y-axis) is the site Occupaction at certain time slots (at 10:00 AM , 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM and so on till at 12:00 AM), and i desigred to got this relation as a ccumilate relation where 
Occupation at 10:00 AM= L
Occupation at 12:00 PM= Cap at 10:00 AM + New Occupation Value
Occupation at 02:00 PM =  Cap at 12:00 PM + New Occupation Value
and so on, 

when i tried to put the below table in a visual, the curve at certain time displayed the relative occupation of this hour it self regardless the prevous occupation so we can say that it behaves like this
Occupation at 10:00 AM= L
Occupation at 12:00 PM= M
Occupation at 02:00 PM= N

where the real occupation at  9:00 AM should be the sum of [ 85+259+117], so how i can make the curve calculate the occupation accumulative

Occupation.JPGCap-Table.JPG

Hi @Mina_Saad,

In your scenario, you can just create a measure to calculate running total of the column 12 AM:, and place this measure as chart Y axis values:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[12 AM]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Hour]<=MAX('Table1'[Hour])))

Best Regards, 
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Final cap = CALCULATE(SUM('db_datareader VM_GroupByTime'[12 AM]),FILTER('db_datareader VM_GroupByTime','db_datareader VM_GroupByTime'[Hour] <= 'db_datareader VM_GroupByTime'[Hour]))

1.JPG
Also Please be informed that the coloumn 'db_datareader VM_GroupByTime'[12 AM], is a Measure i have created 

Hi @Mina_Saad,

So 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, ... 12 AM are all measures instead of columns? 

Please share raw data of this measures. It would be better to share pbix file with us. Please remove sensitive data before sharing it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.