Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use the output of 1 visual as input into another visual

Please help me with below.

I want to use the Same date column as slicer with different value for both Measure A and measure B at any given time. Then, measure-C should calculate the result based on the output of A and B.

Means, visual-1 has Measure/column A ----> with Date slicer -- Let's  select any value like 30th June --user can select any value from date in future.

and Visual-2 has Measure/Column B -----> with Date Slicer --  Let's take different value than A like 1st April--- user can select any value from date slicer in future.

Visual 3 will simply add the output for visual-1 and Visual-2.

I am stuck at visual-3. Not able to add the output of Visual-1 and visual-2. Please find the below screenshot for reference.

Please note, user can select any value from Date slicer in future.

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think you should be able to complete this using a separate Date Table. I assume that your current Table has a Date Column which you are using. You will need to do the following.

1.Create a new Date Table :

Date:= DISTINCT(Table[Date])

2. Make sure there is no Relationship between the Date Table and the Current Table

3. The DAX for Measure 1 can be just 

Measure 1:= var Date= SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Date])
RETURN SUMX(FILTER(Table,Table[Date]= Date),Table[Aggregation Column])

Since, the First Filter would be for this Visual would be from the Dates column of the same Table. This Measure should work.

4. The DAX for Measure 2 can be

Measure 2:= var Date= SELECTEDVALUE(Dates[Date])

5. To Create the Third Measure as a Summation of the above two, you could use

Measure 3:= [Measure 1]+ [Measure 2]

Best Regards,
Vignesh M

If what I suggested worked for you,  feel free to Drop a "Kudos" and Consider to "Accept as Solution" if I solved your Issue 🙂

View solution in original post

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous , I was able to do some quick tables and measures to add these. Here is my pbix Adding measures

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Adding measures.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous , I was able to do some quick tables and measures to add these. Here is my pbix Adding measures

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Adding measures.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think you should be able to complete this using a separate Date Table. I assume that your current Table has a Date Column which you are using. You will need to do the following.

1.Create a new Date Table :

Date:= DISTINCT(Table[Date])

2. Make sure there is no Relationship between the Date Table and the Current Table

3. The DAX for Measure 1 can be just 

Measure 1:= var Date= SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Date])

Since, the First Filter would be for this Visual would be from the Dates column of the same Table. This Measure should work.

4. The DAX for Measure 2 can be

Measure 2:= var Date= SELECTEDVALUE(Dates[Date])

5. To Create the Third Measure as a Summation of the above two, you could use

Measure 3:= [Measure 1]+ [Measure 2]

Best Regards,
Vignesh M

If what I suggested worked for you,  feel free to Drop a "Kudos" and Consider to "Accept as Solution" if I solved your Issue 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have a similar issue...

Let's say that I have 3 measures;
measure MA = avg A * 12 
measure MB = avg B * 12
MC = MA + MB 
Avg A and B are average per month on related column A and B.

I aplly 1 filter on each measure A and B. It is actually slicers about datetime (period |b| 2 selected dates). 
For exemple, A is calculated on 7 months and B calculated on only 3 months (but it can change). 
So the slicer determine the period (and not only one selected value as above) on which the average is calculated.

How can I return the value of A and B respectively filtered to get C ?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.