Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ApurvaKhatri
Helper III
Helper III

How to use single slicer to affect all other slicers

I have three different date columns that I want to connect with a single date column.

Suppose I select Date1 slicer and select year 2016 in a date hierarchy, all the other date slicers in the page should show up the year 2016. I sthis possible and How?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ApurvaKhatri
Helper III
Helper III

I have a table LeaseHistory with columns Principal, DownPayment, Taxes, Late Fees,Warranty, Post Date, LeaseType

Another Table FeeHistory with Fees, PostDate, FeeType,PostDate.

I want to connect these two tables on postdate as I need sum of principal and sum of fees to be affected by a single postdate.

For e.g. If I select year from post date I should get sum(Principal) and sum(Fees) from single slicer on postdate.

Thanks,

Apurva Khatri

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ApurvaKhatri
Helper III
Helper III

I have a date column groupingDate which has dates. I need to get every Monday date and every friday

ApurvaKhatri
Helper III
Helper III

I have a table LeaseHistory with columns Principal, DownPayment, Taxes, Late Fees,Warranty, Post Date, LeaseType

Another Table FeeHistory with Fees, PostDate, FeeType,PostDate.

I want to connect these two tables on postdate as I need sum of principal and sum of fees to be affected by a single postdate.

For e.g. If I select year from post date I should get sum(Principal) and sum(Fees) from single slicer on postdate.

Thanks,

Apurva Khatri

PoHey,

just create a separate Calendar table, in the modeling pane using the DAX function CALENDAR(), there are many examples available.

Then create 2 relationships, using the date column from the Calendar table on the one-side of the relationship and the Post Date of your existing tables on the many-side.

Use the Calendar table for the slicer and for other viusals.

I guess this site will get you started: daxpatterns.com/time-patterns

Hopefully this gets you started

Regards

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi.. Thankyou for your reply. That works..!!!!

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ApurvaKhatri,

Actually, I am still confusing about your requirement, the three different date columns in one same table or different tables?

Slicer is used to filter rows, the three slicers can affect each other automatically if there columns come from one table. I post an sample table including three date columns. If this sample does not explain what you want, could you please share your sample data or more details for further analysis?

1.PNG

You can click "Edit interactions", when the funnel button is highlighted, which means the slicer is affected by the selected one. So the slicers can affect others as follows.

5.PNG select 2016 in slicer1select 2016 in slicer1In 2016 year, select JanuaryIn 2016 year, select January

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.