Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use measures as a filter in power bi report builder which was created in Power Bi dataset

Hi Experts,

How to use measures which was created in Power Bi dataset as a filter parameter in power bi report builder t

Measure was created in power bi desktop and published to WS and that datamedel is used as a source to report builder. I can able see the measures under measure options and i can also use for the filed and run query. but i cant drag and drop in above field to use as paramter.

My measure shows the total sale amount but i want to apply this measure in filter to show only sales >=10M.

NithiyanandamK_0-1671096563903.png

I want to add the sales measure to select dimension place and do filter(highlighed source and target place)

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In order to use Measure in the dataset created in Power Bi Desktop, you must first publish the pbix to Power bi Serivce, then you can open report builder login with the account that has permission of the dataset.

Once logged in, you should able to connected power bi dataset and select the dataset you want to work with. In the query designer you should able to include the measure created in the dataset.

I have also found a similar psot, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: How to use measures in power bi report builder whi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In order to use Measure in the dataset created in Power Bi Desktop, you must first publish the pbix to Power bi Serivce, then you can open report builder login with the account that has permission of the dataset.

Once logged in, you should able to connected power bi dataset and select the dataset you want to work with. In the query designer you should able to include the measure created in the dataset.

I have also found a similar psot, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: How to use measures in power bi report builder whi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.