Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use data fields from indirectly related data tables and build a table visual in Power BI?

I have the data model as follows:

The Data Model for the data setThe Data Model for the data set

SamJam has keys from both the tables Sam and Jam. That way a Many-to-Many relationship is established between Sam and Jam through SamJam.

Jam is related to Pam by a One-to-Many relationship.

Sam and Pam do not have a direct relationship.

Now, when I try to create a basic table chart using SamName and Count of PamID, I get all the wrong values., i.e., all the values are shown as below.

The resulting table visualThe resulting table visual

How to get the exact Count of PamID by SamName?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you have tried to modify the relationship between Jam and Pam from single to both? If it could not help you, could you please share a sample file to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you have tried to modify the relationship between Jam and Pam from single to both? If it could not help you, could you please share a sample file to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft ,

I'm afraid I have tried it and it does not work.

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your pbix file to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.