Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to use a filter to show bar chart (one whole number one is a percentage)

Dear all, 

I have below bar chart.

lalala.JPG

All the indicator in the filter is a whole number. Now I want to add a indicator "percentage of missing/Cancel Session", my choice is either add to this graph or add it as a new indicator in the drop down filter. However, since it is a percentage, which is different from the other data type, because the field I put for the drop down filter is a combination of measres as below. Any suggestion? Thanks

Current Month_Session = SWITCH(
                            MIN('Measure Filter - Session'[Number]) ,
                            --------------------------------------
                            1,[Count_Sessions_Scheduled],
8,[Scheduled_without_cancelled_24hrs],
                            2,[Count_Held_Sessions],
                            3,[Count_A1_Assessment_Held],
                            6,[Count_Sessions_Cancel/Missing],
9,[Count_Sessions_Cancel_outside 24],
10,[Count_Percentage_Missing/Cancelled]
                            )
6 REPLIES 6
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi xiumi_hou, 

I am not clear  about your requirement, if possible, could you please explain "However, since it is a percentage, which is different from the other data type, because the field I put for the drop down filter is a combination of measres as below. " and your expression to me? Or you could imform me your sample data and expected output. Then I will help you more correctly.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@dax  Hi thanks for answering. My question is my filter(on the right corner) is a combination of different measures. It seems impossible to add a percentage measure to the bar chart because all other measures are integar

UP

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi xiumi_hou,

You said that you want to add a percentage measure in filter, what is the logic of the percentage measure? And as you mentioned above,  the value are all int, so I am not clear about the percentage measure's meaning. If possible, could you please explain me in details?

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@dax  Hi Thanks for answering. My question is , I want to use a measure (switch) to show some different indicators. Should I make the measure type as whole number of percentage? Since 6/7 of the measure format is integar and just one indicator format is percentage. But I can only use one graph with the switch measure to show. What data format should I put? I do not want 11%  to show as 0.11. Thank you so much

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

UP

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.