Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhern90
Frequent Visitor

How to use a chart as a slicer for another chart?

I have a stacked column chart with some data and I have a pie chart with the same data. What I want to do is that if I click on one of the x-axis values on the stack column chart the pi chart should filter the data based on that data point. This is what my data looks like. 

image1.PNG

What I want on the image above is to click on Site3 and have the pie chart show the Type data only for site 3. However, when I try to do that the data ends up looking like this. 

image2.PNG

Is there a way to accomplish what I described without using a slicer?

For clarity these are my data points.

For Stacked Chart - Axis: Site, Legend: Type, Value: Volume

For pie chart: Legend: Type, Value: Volume

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Click on a chart. And then click on format tab and Edit interactions.

On all other charts, you will see options have filter, highlight or stop filter.

Interactions.png

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

My Recent Blog - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
xieli
Frequent Visitor

But if you click anywhere on the pie chart, your stack bar chart will be reset without your selection, which in return deselect your pie chart as well, how can we fix it? ---- I know how to edit interactions, I've deleted the relationship from pie chart to stacked bar chart, but it doesn't work.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Click on a chart. And then click on format tab and Edit interactions.

On all other charts, you will see options have filter, highlight or stop filter.

Interactions.png

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

My Recent Blog - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Thanks. That's what I was looking for

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.