Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PetyrBaelish
Resolver III
Resolver III

How to use USERELATIONSHIP correctly

I have been trying to use USERELATIONSHIP, but can't get it working in my example below. This is for a Power BI report with a live connection to a SSAS tabular model:

My data is as follows:

Userelationship - Data.PNG

From the 3 tables above, there is a relationship between the Incident Facts table and Incident Details table on the Incident ID column.

There is an inactive relationship between the Dates table (DatesKey) and Incident Facts table (CompletedDateKey).

I have the following measures on the Incident Facts table:

RatingAverage:=CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Incident Details'[FeedbackRating]),filter('Incident Details','Incident Details'[RatingGiven]=TRUE),USERELATIONSHIP('Incident Facts'[CompletedDateKey],Dates[DateKey]))

RatingGivenCount:=CALCULATE(COUNTAX(FILTER('Incident Details','Incident Details'[RatingGiven]=TRUE),'Incident Details'[RatingGiven]),USERELATIONSHIP('Incident Facts'[CompletedDateKey],Dates[DateKey]))

RatingGivenPercent:=CALCULATE(IF('Incident Facts'[Completed]<>0,'Incident Facts'[RatingGivenCount]/'Incident Facts'[Completed]*100,""),USERELATIONSHIP('Incident Facts'[CompletedDateKey],Dates[DateKey]))

Completed:= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Incident Facts'),FILTER('Incident Facts','Incident Facts'[Completed]=1),USERELATIONSHIP('Incident Facts'[CompletedDateKey],'Dates'[DateKey]))

The Completed measure is working perfectly. For the others however, when I place them into a table visualisation with Year-Month and Date from the Dates table and the 4 measures above only the Completed measure is accurately breaking down per month/date. RatingAverage and RatingGivenCount are showing the same value for every entry and RatignGivenPercent is also inaccurate (I can see that it's dividing between a static RatingGivenCount and a dynamic Completed).

My question is, why aren't my RatingAverage, RatingGivenCount and RatingGivenPercent measures relating to my dates table?

Here an example of the ouput:

Userelationship - Data2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-lili6-msft,

I figured out the problem while preparing a test pbix file - it was my relationships (Incident Facts was on the many side of many to one relationships with both of the other tabels). Changing the Incident Details to Incident Facts relationship as a 1:1 relationship has solved my problem.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @PetyrBaelish 

For [Completed] and [RatingGivenPercent] works well but [RatingAverage] and [RatingGivenCount] doesn't.

So i think there should be something wrong on other side.

Could you please import some sample data and do a simple sample pbix file (just could reproduce the issue) for us have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft,

I figured out the problem while preparing a test pbix file - it was my relationships (Incident Facts was on the many side of many to one relationships with both of the other tabels). Changing the Incident Details to Incident Facts relationship as a 1:1 relationship has solved my problem.

Thanks for your help.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @PetyrBaelish 

You may try to change conditional 'Incident Details'[RatingGiven]=TRUE to 'Incident Details'[RatingGiven]="Yes"

And then it will work well.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin,

My original post was inaccurate. The RatingGiven column is actually a TRUE/FALSE column as per below:

=IF(ISBLANK('Incident Details'[FeedbackRating]),FALSE,TRUE)

I have tried using "Yes"/"No" and TRUE/FALSE but neither is producing the output I'm expecting (which is different figures for different months).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.