Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use RLS on a single dataset over multiple reports

Hi,

I am using a single data model and then creating 2 reports off it for our franchises. In report 1, I want all users to be able to see all stores available. However, in report 2 I only want each store to be able to see their own data. 

Previously I was able to achieve this with RLS ([Store Name] = "") as there were two different datasets to manage roles. However, now I have a single dataset which is easier to maintain but I can't work out how to set different RLS for different reports.

Is there a way to only set RLS for one report and allow all rows to be seen for the other report under a single dataset?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When we  assign RLS roles to users, It is based on the entire dataset. So if all your reports are based on the same dataset, it will not show as what you want.

As a workaround ,I suggest you create another dataset 'userdataset' for report 2. And you can set RLS for 'userdataset'. For report1, you should create it based on the dataset that don't be set RLS.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When we  assign RLS roles to users, It is based on the entire dataset. So if all your reports are based on the same dataset, it will not show as what you want.

As a workaround ,I suggest you create another dataset 'userdataset' for report 2. And you can set RLS for 'userdataset'. For report1, you should create it based on the dataset that don't be set RLS.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.